All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than any book to date, this one provides a comprehensive approach to designing, building, implementing and interpreting test results that validly measure the academic achievement of English language learners. It scaffolds the entire process of test development and implementation and discusses essential intervention points. The book provides the type of evidence-based guidance called for in federal mandates such as the NCLB legislation. Key features of this important new book include the following...Comprehensive - This book recommends methods for properly including ELLs throughout the entire test development process, addressing all essential steps from planning, item writing and reviews to analyses and reporting. Breadth and Depth of Coverage- Coverage includes discussion of the key issues, explanations and detailed instructions at each intervention point. Research Focus - All chapters include an extensive review of current research. Emerging Trends - The chapters summarize guidance appropriate for invative computer-based assessments of the future as well as the paper-and-pencil tests of today. This book is appropriate for anyone concerned with the development and implementation of fair and accurate testing programs for English language learners. This includes university based researchers, testing personel at the federal, state and local levels, teachers interested in better assessing their diverse student populations and those involved in the testing industry. It is also appropriate for instructors teaching undergraduate and graduate courses devoted to testing the full range of students in todays schools.
- Author BiographyRebecca J. Kopriva is a visiting researcher at the University of Wisconsin, and former testing director and consultant with states and USED. She has published more than 40 journal articles, chapters and books, and has presented widely on her work associated with testing for English language learners. Among her publications is Ensuring Accuracy in Testing for English Language Learners (2000).
- Author(s)Rebecca J. Kopriva
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white tables
- Weight546 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.