All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt a scale of 1:7,620,000 this chart covers the North Atlantic from Brazil to Newfoundland and Gibraltar to the Caribbean. It has been constructed on a conical projection that means that Great Circle tracks can be plotted as straight lines rather than curves. The chart shows the main trend of contours, limits of ice, magnetic variations and keys routes as identified by DM Street. On the reverse are tes on the routes and small wind rose charts, with accompanying charts showing excessive wave heights and storm frequencies for the months that yachts cross the Atlantic: April to July and September to December. Chart 100 is an important companion for Atlantic yachtsmen on passage and an excellent source of planning information.
- Author BiographyImray Laurie Norie & Wilson Ltd was formed in 1904 when three private chart publishing firms amalgamated. Each of these London companies had a long history going back to the mid-18th century. James Imray and Son published an extensive list of charts and pilot books. RH Laurie and Sons was associated with charts published for the East India Company. Norie and Wilson, founded by JW Norie, whose Nautical Tables are still supplied to navigators across the world, produced charts and books on navigation and sold nautical instruments.Until 1939 we were based in the City of London, where long serving cartographers produced charts from copper plate engravings which were supplied to mariners throughout the World. For over a century Blueback Charts were the first choice of many shipping companies. Now based in St Ives in Cambridgeshire, Imray charts are produced digitally for printed and electronic editions by our drawing office team. Our catalogue of yachting charts is regarded by the sailing community as the most comprehensive available. Our paper charts are complemented by a growing list of electronic publications and high quality pilot books by leading authors.
- PublisherImray,Laurie,Norie & Wilson Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- FormatSheet map, folded
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationHuntingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImray,Laurie,Norie & Wilson Ltd
- Width210 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine3 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.