All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by Australia's foremost naval historian, In All Respects Ready presents the most comprehensive and authoritative account of the Australian Navy's involvement in World War I yet published. When the newly built Australian fleet sailed into Sydney for the first time in October 1913, it was portrayed as a sign of peace that came from being prepared for war. Within a year that war had broken out, and the Royal Australian Navy, fully trained and ready, was the most professional and effective force Australia had to offer the British Empire. Throughout the next four years of conflict Australian ships and sailors would operate across the seas and oceans of the world, establishing a tradition of intrepid courage and dogged endurance while forging their own unique naval and national identity. Impeccably researched, and drawing on a wealth of previously untapped official reports, intelligence summaries and private diaries, this book offers far more than a chronicle of historical fact. Crafting the definitive work on this largely igred chapter of Australian history, the author presents an engaging narrative of the war at sea that brings to life both the human element and a richly depicted sense of place.Winner of the 2015 Frank Broeze Memorial Maritime History Book Prize.
- Author BiographyDavid Stevens is the Royal Australian Navy's historian. He holds a doctorate in naval history from the University of New South Wales, spent twenty years as a naval warfare officer and still serves as an officer in the active reserve.
- Author(s)David Stevens
- PublisherOxford University Press Australia
- Date of Publication26/11/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2014
- ImprintOUP Australia and New Zealand
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1230 g
- Width183 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.