Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.03
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.40
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.22
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.19
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $13.38
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $15.11
About this product
- DescriptionIn Awe of Being Human: A Doctor's Stories from the Edge of Life and Death is a physician's reflection on living, healing and dying set amidst the challenging world of hospitals, the medical professionals who work in them, and the ever-present mystery of life and death. Filled with heroic tales of the children and adults who have been the author's patients, together with descriptions of the soul-stretching experiences that doctors undergo in seeking to help people whose lives are at stake, the book delivers a tender and powerfully positive message about what it means to be human.
- Author BiographyBased on decades of work as a hospital physician and end-of-life researcher, and her own experience as a cancer patient, Dr. MacGregor has come to view illness and death as profound teachers that carve out in us a deeper understanding of what it means to be human. Now retired from clinical practice and living in the Pacific Northwest, she remains active as a writer, speaker and founding board member of Enso House, a hospice residence providing compassionate, holistic care for terminally ill patients and their families.
- Author(s)Betsy MacGregor M D
- PublisherAbiding Nowhere Press
- Date of Publication10/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUnclassifiable: WZ BIC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbiding Nowhere Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.