All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring her twelve years with Ballet Society and the New York City Ballet, Barbara Milberg worked under the direction of George Balanchine. She rose from corps de ballet to soloist, danced leading roles in Swan Lake and Illuminations, and performed in celebrated world premieres. In this observant and poignant memoir, she shares her recollections of Balanchine, his craft and his values, and lends insight into surprising aspects of his personality. Fisher gives readers a rare glimpse inside Balanchine's artistry, including vivid accounts of the makings of such important ballets as Schoenberg's Opus 34, AGON, and the world-famous Nutcracker. Told through the eyes of a young dancer in what seemed a truly magical place and time, In Balanchine's Company is ideal for ballet fans young and old. Rich in anecdote, insight, and humor, it offers a unique perspective on one of the twentieth century's cultural giants.
- Author BiographyBARBARA MILBERG FISHER performed with Ballet Society and the New York City Ballet from 1946 to 1958, and then joined Jerome Robbins' newly formed Ballets: USA as one of its principal dancers. She is professor emeritus of English at the City College of New York, and remains addicted to baroque music and murder mysteries.
- Author(s)Barbara Fisher
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication03/10/2006
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Content Note48 illus.
- Weight458 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.