All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe lyric poems of In Beauty Bright, although marked by the same passion and swiftness as Gerald Stern's previous work, move into an area of kwledge-even wisdom-that reflects a long life of writing, teaching, and activism. They are poems of grief and anger, but the music is delicate and moving. from In Beauty Bright : In beauty-bright and such it was like Blake's lily and though an angel he looked absurd dragging a lily out of a beauty-bright store wrapped in tissue with a petal drooping, r was it useless-you who kw it kw how useful it is-and how he would be dead in a minute if he were to lose it though how do you lose a lily?
- Author BiographyGerald Stern is the author of the National Book Award-winning This Time, the Rebekah Johnson Bobbitt National Prize-winning Early Selected Poems, and other books. He has also been awarded the Ruth Lilly Poetry Prize, the National Jewish Book Award, the Wallace Stevens Award, and the Robert Frost Medal, among many other honors. He lives in Lambertville, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Gerald Stern
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication29/07/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight110 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.