In Defense of Brady: Evaluating His Place in NFL History by David Childers (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn an era defined by parity, Tom Brady has attained unprecedented success in the NFL. But as the expression tes, it's lonely at the top. Excluding abusers of women, children, and animals there isn't a more polarizing figure in the league. At this point in his career, he's viewed as either the game's greatest champion or an overrated cheater. Brady's proponents point to his consistency, almost age-defying ability to improve his game, and playoff mastery to advocate his legacy. Detractors dismiss him as a glorified game manager who has unfairly carved a place in NFL history on the backs of brilliant defenses, genius coaching, and, of course, cheating. With In Defense of Brady, David Childers delves into the matter in extraordinary detail. With chapters divided to address the most common critiques and misconceptions of Brady, he analyzes the statistics to illustrate the quarterback's individual brilliance. This book t only refutes the tion that playoff accolades have camouflaged Brady's statistical shortcomings, but makes the case that the NFL's greatest champion may also be its most underrated. The book filters much of the debate through Brady's rivalry with Peyton Manning, while also stacking his resume against that of Joe Montana. The analysis includes an in-depth look t just at Brady as an individual, but also the statistics of his team (both offensive and defensive) and coach. The results demonstrate Brady's indispensable role in the New England Patriots' dominance. For better or worse, discussion of Brady would be complete without addressing allegations of cheating. In Defense of Brady sorts out the exaggerated, misunderstood Spygate, but it painstakingly details the scandal most closely associated with the quarterback. From the NFL's bungled investigation to its continued misinformation campaign, Deflategate quickly became a farce. Sifting through court documents, appeal transcripts, media coverage by the NFL's billion-dollar partner, and the infamous Wells Report, Childers systematically outlines and debunks the league's argument against Brady. Using objective statistical analysis, In Defense of Brady makes a compelling argument for Tom Brady as the greatest quarterback in NFL history.
- Author(s)David Childers
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.