All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Dreams Begin Responsibilities is a collection of short stories, the title story is accepted to be a masterpiece of literature and the founding voice of American-Jewish fiction. An utterly original and immediate style that is as fresh today as when first published. The book's theme of a younger, educated and ambitious generation in conflict with their immigrant parents is still pertinent. The book comes with a perceptive introduction by James Atlas, Schwartz's biographer and major literary figure.
- Author BiographyDelmore Schwartz was the most influential American writer of his generation. He published In Dreams Begin Responsibilities in 1938, becoming the seminal voice in American writing for the post-WW2 generation. He was a massive influence on writers as diverse as John Berryman, Saul Bellow and Lou Reed. He died destitute in 1967, since then has been acclaimed as one of the greatest American writers of the Twentieth century. Schwartz's life has been fictionalised by Saul Bellow in Humboldt's Gift, recently republished by Penguin.
- Author(s)Delmore Schwartz
- PublisherSouvenir Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2003
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleIndependent Voices S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSouvenir Press Ltd
- Width199 mm
- Height129 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.