All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionChapel Hill college student Maria finds herself in a predicament--unexpectedly pregnant at nineteen. Still reeling from the fresh discovery of her mother's diagsis with cancer, Maria's decision to give her daughter up for adoption is one that seems to be in everyone's best interest, especially when it comes to light that the child's father hasn't exactly been faithful to her following the birth of her daughter. So when her mother proposes an extended trip to sleepy coastal town Beaufort--the same town that the adoptive couple Maria chose for her daughter just happens to live in--Maria jumps at the chance to escape. Perhaps t surprisingly, Maria finds herself listless and bored soon after her arrival in Beaufort, and a summer job seems like a possible cure. She has kept close watch on the couple she chose to adopt her daughter--they live mere blocks away--and, as opportunity demands, she accepts a position as their nanny. Maria ingratiates herself into the family--hesitantly, at first, and then with all the confused and chaotic fervor of a mother separated from her child. In Every Way is a heartfelt vel that brings to light the unkwing destruction that heartache can manifest, and it brims with the redemptive power of new beginnings.
- Author BiographyNic Brown is the author of the novel Doubles and the story collection Floodmarkers, which was selected as an Editor's Choice by The New York Times Book Review. His writing has appeared in The New York Times, the Harvard Review, Glimmer Train, and Epoch, among many other publications. A graduate of the Iowa Writers' Workshop and Columbia University, he has been the John and Renee Grisham Writer in Residence at the University of Mississippi and an assistant professor at the University of Northern Colorado. Currently he is an assistant professor of English at Clemson University.
- Author(s)Nic Brown
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight371 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.