All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionM. H. Lowe's In Grievous Times takes the reader to the heart of English country village life at a turning point in Britain's history: the era of evacuees and air raids, sudden death from the skies and the expectation for every man and woman to do their patriotic duty. When Clement, a country vicar, is summoned to London by an old friend to be involved in a covert suicide mission to thwart the impending German invasion, his world changes forever. Priorities shift and every aspect of his life is called into question as he is forced to make choices that affect a great many lives. And when members of his secret, carefully-chosen team are one by one discovered dead, Clement finds himself at the centre of a far more complex situation than he had realised...The drama and intrigue of In Grievous Times, played out against a seemingly incent rustic backdrop with superb characterisation, keep the reader hungry throughout for the next piece of the puzzle. A riveting read.
- Author BiographyM. H. Lowe grew up in Sydney, Australia. After leaving school she trained as a nurse before concentrating on music and singing studies, and for twenty years juggled family and singing commitments. In later years she worked in various nursing and administrative roles including assistant to the Dean of St. Andrew's Anglican Cathedral, Sydney. M. H. Lowe is married with two children.
- Author(s)M. H. Lowe
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication29/01/2016
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.