Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $91.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 1 Feb
- AU $120.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time, all three volumes of Jane Austen s brilliant early manuscripts are available in in beautiful facsimile editions. Forever immortalized as the author of Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen actually produced her first books as a teenager. Taking their names from the inscriptions on their covers Volume the First, Volume the Second, and Volume the Third these brilliant little collections include the stories, playlets, verses, and moral fragments she wrote likely from the ages of twelve to eighteen. As a young author, Jane Austen delighted in language, employing it with great humor and surprising skill. She was adept at parodying the popular stories of her day and entertained her readers with outrageous plot lines and characters. Kathryn Sutherland, in her introductions, places Austen s earliest works in context and explains how she mimicked even the style and manner in which this contemporary popular fiction was presented and arranged on the page. None of her six famous vels survives in complete manuscript form. This is a unique opportunity to own likenesses of Jane Austen s tebooks as originally writtenin her own hand. The In Her Own Hand series boxed set contains facsimile editions of Jane Austen s fiction, in her handwriting. The books include transcriptions by R. W. Chapman first recorded in 1953. In Her Own Hand boxed set of all three volumes includes: Volume the First Volume the Second Volume the Third
- Author BiographyJane Austen (1775-1817) is one of the most beloved novelists in the English language. Her novels Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Mansfield Park, Northanger Abbey, and Persuasion have left readers with a literary legacy hard to match by any author before or since. She lived all her life in England and died at the age of forty-one, leaving a literary legacy hard to match by any author before or since. Kathryn Sutherland is Professor of Bibliography and Textual Criticism at the University of Oxford. She is the author of Jane Austen s Textual Lives: From Aeschylus to Bollywood and the editor of the Digital Edition of Jane Austen s Fiction Manuscripts.
- Author(s)Jane Austen
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Weight2087 g
- Width182 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine72 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.