All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his third collection, Michael Robins unleashes the couplet to bring the pastoral past into the modern day, aligning images of grazing buffalo with those of torture and war. In the intersection between reality and imagination, with violence flowing like an river beneath us at all times, these lyric poems offer associative and sonic shifts that drive the speaker's narrative insights. Like a mad chef on a tear, Robins concocts small poetic miracles using equal parts wonder and terror. His dishes are meticulously crafted and served up with gusto. We cant help but relish in them.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL ROBINS was born in Portland, Oregon. He is the author of several collections of poetry including The Next Settlement and Ladies & Gentlemen (Saturnalia Books) and teaches literature and creative writing at Columbia College Chicago. For more information, visit www.michaelrobins.org.
- Author(s)Michael Robins
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication14/11/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaturnalia Books
- Weight91 g
- Width137 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.