Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 7 Mar
- AU $9.00+ AU $3.50 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by hallsbooks_123
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA rusted wok; a rooster's feather; a battered cricket bat; World War II medals; a Vietnam Moratorium badge; a ring. Why are these things so precious to Beth? The war in Afghanistan is entering its eighth year. Beth has been living in her father's house, looking after him, waiting for him to die. And w the wretched old man is finally dead and she must clear out the contents of the house ready for sale...but Beth is a hoarder. Parting with anything at all is agony for her. For Martha, a professional clutter buster and ruthless neat freak, throwing things out is easy - some say, too easy. As the two women begin to trawl through the mountains of 'stuff' that have built up over the years, gradually the layers of both their lives are peeled back. In My Father's House is about passion, obsession and imagination. It is about families - their secrets, lies and loves. It explores the ways in which war damages people's lives and what it really means to be brave. How do we come to terms with the past, let go and move on?
- Author(s)Jane Mundy
- PublisherHybrid Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHybrid Publishers
- Weight308 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.