CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionA compelling vel of desire, secrecy, and sexual identity, In One Person is a story of unfulfilled love -- tormented, funny, and affecting -- and an impassioned embrace of our sexual differences. Billy, the bisexual narrator and main character, tells the tragicomic story (lasting more than half a century) of his life as a 'sexual suspect', a phrase first used by John Irving in 1978 -- in his landmark vel of 'terminal cases', The World According to Garp. His most political vel since The Cider House Rules and A Prayer for Owen Meany, John Irving's In One Person is a poignant tribute to Billy's friends and lovers -- a theatrical cast of characters who defy category and convention. Not least, In One Person is an intimate and unforgettable portrait of the solitariness of a bisexual man who is dedicated to making himself 'worthwhile'.
- Author BiographyTHE WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP, which won the National Book Award in 1980, was John Irving's fourth novel and his first international bestseller; it also became a George Roy Hill film. Tony Richardson wrote and directed the adaptation for the screen of The Hotel New Hampshire (1984). Irving's novels are now translated into thirty-five foreign languages, and he has had nine international bestsellers.Worldwide, the Irving novel most often called an American classic is A Prayer for Owen Meany (1989)-the portrayal of an enduring friendship at that time when the Vietnam War had its most divisive effect on the United States. In 1992, Mr. Irving was inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame in Stillwater, Oklahoma.(He competed as a wrestler for twenty years, until he was thirty-four, and coached the sport until he was forty-seven.)In 2000, Irving won the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay for The Cider House Rules-a Lasse Hallstrom film with seven Academy Award nominations. Tod Williams wrote and directed The Door in the Floor-the 2004 film adapted from Mr. Irving's ninth novel, A Widow for One Year. In One Person is John Irving's thirteenth novel.
- Author(s)John Irving
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date27/12/2012
- Weight723 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine39 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.