In Our Back Yards: Gardens of the Texas Coastal Bend by Deanna Payne, John Watson, Carole Peterson (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $83.23+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $41.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe Texas Coastal Bend is an area that includes incredibly diverse ecosystems ranging from coastal to semitropical to arid, with weather conditions ranging from 100-plus degree days to hard freezes; from hurricanes to droughts. Like the early Texan settlers, the gardeners of the area have found ways to flourish despite the hard climate, building gardens of great interest and beauty that reflect a cultural makeup as diverse as the ecosystems. In Our Back Yards: The Gardens of the Texas Coastal Bend is the first book to celebrate their successes. From the Live Oak Peninsula to shores of Baffin Bay, from the dunes of the coast to the caliche of the deep brush country, we are treated to a tour of gardens, public and private, tiny and stately, manicured and wild, all of which, matter what the size or style, reflect the gardener's love for the natural beauty of the Coastal Bend. We are privileged to be their guests, hear their stories, and learn something of their secrets as they open their garden gates to the team of John Watson, Carole Peterson, and Deanna Payne. In Our Back Yards: The Gardens of the Texas Coastal Bend is an 11X8-1/2 hardcover, clothbound book featuring more than 128 pages of full-color photographs, natural histories, and landscaping and gardening information. More than 50 public and private gardens are represented in 200 full-color photographs carefully chosen from more than 4,000 images.
- Author BiographyJOHN WATSON, principal photographer and project coordinator, is a member of the Board of Directors of the Corpus Christi Botanical Garden and Nature Center. He is a certified Master Gardener, and is completing his MFA in Photography at Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi. CAROLE PETERSON, Project Editor, is Director of Workforce Development in the Office of Community Outreach Programs at Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi. She has an extensive professional writing and editing background. DEANNA PAYNE, Scheduling Coordinator, also sits on the Board of Directors of the CCBG&NC. She is responsible for the hundreds of personal contacts and phone calls necessary to arrange appointments to visit and photograph the many gardens nominated for the book.
- Author(s)Carole Peterson,Deanna Payne,John Watson
- PublisherCorpus Christi Botanical Gardens and Nature Center
- Date of Publication31/08/2005
- Place of PublicationCorpus Christi
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorpus Christi Botanical Gardens and Nature Center
- Content Note200 colour photos
- Weight816 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.