All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionZarkadakis explores one of humankind's oldest love-hate relationships-our ties with artificial intelligence, or AI. He traces AI's origins in ancient myth, through literary classics like Frankenstein, to today's sci-fi blockbusters, arguing that a fascination with AI is hardwired into the human psyche. He explains AI's history, techlogy, and potential; its manifestations in intelligent machines; its connections to neurology and consciousness, as well as-perhaps most tellingly-what AI reveals about us as human beings. In Our Own Image argues that we are on the brink of a fourth industrial revolution-poised to enter the age of Artificial Intelligence as science fiction becomes science fact. Ultimately, Zarkadakis observes, the fate of AI has profound implications for the future of science and humanity itself.
- Author BiographyGeorge Zarkadakis has a PhD in Artificial Intelligence. He has worked for various companies and organizations, including Accenture and Silicon Graphics, and is currently a digital transformation consultant and web entrepreneur. Awarded a knighthood by the French government for his international work in science communication, Zarkadakis writes for several international publications including the Daily Telegraph, the Huffington Post and Aeon magazine. He lives in London.
- Author(s)George Zarkadakis
- PublisherPegasus Books
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPegasus Books
- Weight530 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.