All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis 30th anniversary edition of a highly acclaimed classic covers the entire span of the American naval experience from the Revolution to the present. It avoids descending into a dry chrology of naval battles and instead focuses on the use of the navy as a diplomatic instrument in peacetime and wartime. When dealing with war, the authors sketch in the political background and explain the grand strategy before dealing with individual battles and leaders. Each essay about the navy in war concludes with an assessment of the importance of naval operations to the outcome of the war and the significance of the war to America's role in world affairs. This book also traces changes in administrative premises and style, the evolution of techlogy, and the strategic revolutions characteristic of American naval history. This fully revised, 30th anniversary edition includes new chapters by current experts in the field so as to continue its relevance in the 21st century. An entirely new and up-to-date bibliography containing secondary sources help make this title better than ever.
- Author BiographyKenneth J. Hagan is Professor of Strategy at U.S. Naval War College at Monterey and is an award-winning author of many books including the New York Times Notable Book, This People's Navy. Michael T. McMaster, CDR, USN, Ret. is Professor of Joint Maritime Operations at the U.S. Naval War College in Monterey, California. He Served twenty-two years in the U.S. Navy as a Surface Warfare Officer and is a retired Commander.
- Author(s)Kenneth J. Hagan
- Date of Publication30/06/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitlePraeger Security International
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMichael T. McMaster
- Edition Statement30th Anniversary edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.