All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book explores how implementation strategies engage sub-national, regional and local actors in the promotion of sustainable development. Following the obligations incurred at the Rio Earth Summit and the related UNCED process, European states began to produce sustainable development strategies in the 1990s. Implementation efforts are increasingly using 'new' governance arrangements, including: * use of public/private partnerships * new policy tools * policy transfer and benchmarking * policy networks and involvement of stakeholder groups and institutional capacity enhancement. The editors, whom are leading experts on the subject, explore the nature, extent and characteristics of the new governance arrangements that have been put in place to implement sustainable development strategies and initiatives at the sub-national levels. They also examine the approaches that sub-national governments adopted towards the mobilization of 'stakeholders' in these initiatives and what type of n-governmental actors have become involved. In Pursuit of Sustainable Development will be of interest to students and researchers of politics, development, geography, planning and social policy.
- Author BiographySusan Baker is Professor in Environmental Social Science at Cardiff School for Social Sciences, Cardiff University, UK. Katarina Eckerberg is Professor in Public Administration in the Department of Political Science, Umea University and Deputy Director of the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2010
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 24 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byKatarina Eckerberg,Susan C. Baker
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.