All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionThe unforgettable Margaret of Ashbury returns in the second book of the trilogy that began with A Vision of Light. Margaret, a resourceful midwife, is living with the insufferable relatives of her third husband, Gilbert de Vilers, kwn as Gregory. She is carving out a life for herself and her daughters despite the hostility and greed of her in-laws. But when Gregory is captured in France and held for ransom, Margaret kws she must take action her in-laws are too tight with money to be of any use so she teams up with her old friends Mother Hilde, the herbalist, and Brother Malachi, an alchemist on a quest for the secret of changing base metals into gold. Together, the trio plan to rescue Gregory and bring him back to London, where he and Margaret can start a new life away from his meddling family. And thus begins a wild romp across fourteenth-century Europe. Murderous blemen, scheming ladies, truculent ghosts, and a steady stream of challenges plague the journey. Margaret will need t only her special gift of healing, her quick mind, and her independent spirit but the loyalty of her friends and the love of her new husband to carry them all safely home.
- Author BiographyJudith Merkle Riley is a professor of political science and has a Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley. She is also the author of A Vision of Light, the first Margaret of Ashbury novel, and The Water Devil, the concluding book of the trilogy. She lives in Claremont, California.
- Author(s)Judith Merkle Riley
- PublisherThree Rivers Press (CA)
- Date of Publication03/10/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleMargaret of Ashbury Trilogy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press (CA)
- Weight340 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.