All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.93Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an acclaimed, fully revised edition of the Scott Moncrieff and Kilmartin translation. In Sodom and Gomorrah , Proust's narrator t only depicts the class tensions of a changing France at the beginning of the twentieth century but also exposes the decadence of aristocratic Parisian society and muses upon the subjects of homosexuality and sexual jealousy.
- Author BiographyMarcel Proust was born in Auteuil in 1871. In his twenties he became a conspicuous society figure, frequenting the most fashionable Paris salons of the day. After 1889, however, his suffering from chronic asthma, the death of his parents and his growing disillustionment with humanity caused him to lead an increasingly retired life. He slept by day and worked by night, writing letters and devoting himself to the completion of A la recherche du temps perdu. He died in 1922 before publication of the last three volumes of his great life's work.
- Author(s)Marcel Proust
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication05/12/1996
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight448 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Translated byC. K. Scott-Moncrieff,Terence Kilmartin,D. J. Enright
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.