CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionGermany is the only country in the world where two major transformations are taking place at the same time: a process of modernization in the west and a transition from command ecomy to free market ecomy in the east. In this work, Langguth highlights the dramatic social and political changes occurring in east and west Germany. He concludes that the increasingly complex European political and social landscape and the new diversity of lifestyles in Germany have raised levels of insecurity among individual Germans. Moreover, the end of the bipolar world, with its rigid political, social, and ecomic structures, is requiring Germans-particularly German youth-to adjust their political and philosophical positions. This important work will be of interest to scholars and students of Germany and the contemporary European scene.
- Author BiographyGERD LANGGUTH is Executive Chairman of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation in Germany, as well as Visiting Professor of Political Science at the University of Bonn. He has served as a member of the German Bundestag, as a representative of Germany to the EC Commission, and has authored numerous books on Germany.
- Author(s)Gerd Langguth
- Date of Publication30/11/1995
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.