All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Search of the Romans is a lively and informative introduction to ancient Rome. Making extensive use of ancient sources and copiously illustrated with photographs, drawings, maps and plans, it introduces six key areas of the Roman world: history, religion, society, entertainment, Pompeii, and Herculaneum. Each chapter can be read independently, although there are many cross-references and links between them. There are also useful Appendices on the city of Rome, Roman politics, currency values, clothing, and the calendar. Review questions throughout the book challenge students to read further and reflect on some of the most important social, political and cultural issues of ancient Rome, as well as comparing them with those of their own society. In Search of the Romans is essential reading for teachers and students of Classical Civilisation.
- Author BiographyJames Renshaw is Head of Classics at Colet Court and teacher of Classics at St Paul's School, London. He is the author of a companion volume, In Search of the Greeks, also published by Bloomsbury.
- Author(s)James Renshaw
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/07/2011
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBristol Classical Press
- Content Notec. 200 bw integrated illustrations
- Weight661 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.