All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionPreaching is an essential component of priestly ministry and a means of pastoral engagement with the community, incarnating the holy and the eternal in the local and the w, and articulating the prophetic voice of the Church. It is a high calling and preachers rightly feel daunted by it. This wise, elegant and practical companion, illustrated with examples of sermon texts, offers a rich doctrine of preaching in the Anglican tradition that will inspire confidence and hone skills. It explores key aspects of preaching including: * Scripture as the heart of all preaching * Preaching as mission and engagement with the wider world * Preaching to all ages - the use of story * Preaching and rites of passage - baptisms, wedding and funerals * Preaching through the liturgical year including festivals For beginners and seasoned preachers alike, this resource will provide inspiration over and over again.
- Author BiographyJeremy Davies was, until his retirement, Precentor of Salisbury Cathedral where his preaching was renowned. He is frequently invited to preach in the US and is a popular conference speaker.
- Author(s)Jeremy Davies
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.