Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn Spite of it all is an inspirational autobiography of an ordinary everyman who overcame the obstacles of war in Vietnam, recieved a disabling wound and survived life threatening illnesses to t only cope with life but to celebrate it. The odyssey begins with life and death battles in the jungles of Vietnam from a first hand point of view. The journey continues through hospitals, rehabilitation and assimilation back into a civilized society. It also depicts the planning and success of the Chicago Vietnam Veterans Welcome Home Parade, The largest parade of its kind in history which drew over 200,000 marchers and over 300,000 spectators in Chicago on June 13th, 1986. The book is filled with references to the turbulent 1960's and displays seldom seen photographs of the historic parade in Chicago.
- Author BiographyBorn on the south side of Chicago. Served in combat in Vietnam in 1968 as an M60 Infantry machine gunner. Recieved a disabling gun shot wound and was decorated 8 times. One of the organizers of the Welcome Home Parade in Chicago in 1986 that drew over 500,000 participants Produced fund raising events for vets with such artist as: Dennis DeYoung, Frankie Valli, Roy Clark, Rich Little, Danny Gans and Linda Eder. Helped organize Operation Standby which brought services to homeless veterans. National member of the VFW. Had several songs published for which I recieved a gold album. In addition to Vietnam I am a survivor of organ failure, kidney transplant, 4 heart attacks and quadruple bypass heart surgery. Featured in a military exhibit in the Joliet Area Historical Museum in joliet illinois have been mentioned and interviewed in various Chicago area newspapers and radio stations. Currently live in Illinois with my wife of 38 years.
- Author(s)Charles S Lofrano
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication30/05/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.