All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Vitro Toxicology Systems brings together important issues and considerations needed in order to develop a workable, reliable, integrated testing strategy for the replacement of animals in toxicity testing regimes. This thorough volume includes sections on in vitro models for systemic organ toxicity, neurotoxicity, sensory organs, immutoxicity and reproductive toxicity and addresses how stem cells may be used going forward. The book also tackles difficult areas of toxicology such as carcigenicity and natoxicology, with additional chapters dedicated to kinetics, metabolism, and in vitro in vivo extrapolation. The book also addresses biological processes such as stress response pathways and mechanistic biomarkers and how these can be uncovered and measured using high content approaches. Reliable and authoritative, In Vitro Toxicology Systems will be of benefit t only to students, scientists and regulators working in the field of chemical safety assessment but also to a wider scientific audience.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleMethods in Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 54 colour illustrations, 21 black & white tables, 1 colour tables, biography
- Weight1324 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAnna Bal-Price,Paul Jennings
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2014
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.