All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.39
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $35.99
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
About this product
- DescriptionThe year is 1955. The H. H. Harlow Pickle Company has appeared in the small town of Link Lake, using heavy-handed tactics to force family farmers to either farm the Harlow way or lose their biggest customer - and, possibly, their land. Andy Meyer, the owner of a half-acre pickle patch, works part-time for the Harlow Company, a conflict that places him between the family farm and the big corporation. As he sees how Harlow begins to change the rural community and the lives of its people, Andy must make personal, ethical, and life-changing decisions.
- Author BiographyJerry Apps, born and raised on a Wisconsin farm, is professor emeritus at the University of Wisconsin - Madison. His many nonfiction books include Every Farm Tells a Story, Country Wisdom, One-Room Country Schools, Cheese, Breweries of Wisconsin, and Ringlingville USA. He is also the author of a historical novel, The Travels of Increase Joseph. He received the 2007 Major Achievement Award from the Council for Wisconsin Writers.
- Author(s)Jerry Apps
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication13/05/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMadison
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTerrace Books
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.