All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeachers working in Post Compulsory Education are recognised as being subject to a particularly acute set of pressures and challenges. These can include highly diverse and sometimes challenging student groups, trying to manage a complex curriculum which changes regularly and rapidly, and having to respond to the intense demands of inspection, quality assurance regimes and major government policies. Now in its second edition, the highly regarded In at the Deep End: A Survival Guide for Teachers in Post-Compulsory Education will help you to manage the varied demands of teaching in PCE more effectively by offering friendly, professional advice and a range of teaching and learning activities which will help you become an effective, confident, committed and reflective teacher. With a range of strategies, activities and spaces to reflect, this positive and practical 'survival guide' provides advice on: * Meeting initial challenges, working positively with your students and handling challenging behaviour * Accessing support, working with your local colleagues and a greater community of practice * Using straightforward techniques to help you manage pressure and conflict * Supporting skills for life, key skills and essential skills * Making positive use of Information and Communications Techlogy to support learning * Teaching your specialist subject * Managing inspections, developing as a leader and becoming a 'Reflective Practitioner'. Lively and engaging, and built from the experience of many teachers across the last 30 years, this book will help all teachers overcome everyday problems and pressures to keep their 'heads above water', and become efficient, skilled professionals in the Post Compulsory Education workforce.
- Author BiographyJim Crawley is Programme Leader of Lifelong Learning at Bath Spa University.
- Author(s)Jim Crawley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight410 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.