Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWar seethed across the planet. Machines soared through the air, churned through the seas, crawled across the surface, pushing ever forward, carrying death. Earth was engaged in titanic struggle. Germany, Russia, France, China, Japan: the maps were changing day by day. The hostilities spread in ever-widening ripples of destruction: Britain, Italy, Africa...the fate of the world hung in the balance. Then the real enemy came. Out of the dark of night, out of the soft glow of dawn, out of the clear blue sky came an invasion force the likes of which Earth had never kwn-and worldwar was truly joined. The invaders were inhuman and they were unstoppable. Their techlogy was far beyond our reach, and their goal was simple: Fleetlord Atvar had arrived to claim Earth for the Empire. Never before had Earth's people been more divided. Never had the need for unity been greater. And grudgingly, inexpertly, humanity took up the challenge. In this epic vel of alternate history, Harry Turtledove takes us around the globe. We roll with German panzers, watch the coast of Britain with the RAF, and welcome alien-liberators to the Warsaw ghetto. In tiny planes we skim the vast Russian steppe, and we push the envelope of techlogy in secret labs at the University of Chicago. Turtledove's saga covers all the Earth, and beyond, as mankind-in all its folly and glory-faces the ultimate threat; and a turning point in history shows us a past that never was and a future that could yet come to be.
- Author BiographyHarry Turtledove is an award-winning full-time writer of science fiction, fantasy, alternate history, and historical fiction, including the novels The Guns of the South and How Few Remain. Former radio broadcaster Todd McLaren has been heard on more than 5,000 TV and radio commercials; narrations for documentaries on such networks as A&E and the History Channel; and films. His book narrations have earned him a prestigious Audie Award as well as a Publishers Weekly Listen-Up Award.
- Author(s)Harry Turtledove
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication26/02/2010
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleWorldwar
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 1
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight74 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Todd McLaren
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time1650
- Edition StatementUnabridged
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.47New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $31.69New
- AU $14.60New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.29Trending at AU $51.38
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $36.13
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $24.22
- AU $12.02Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $12.98Trending at AU $14.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.