All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a meteor crashes to earth near Roswell, New Mexico, in the summer of 1947, one boy's life is changed forever. Simon Cole, a 12-year-old Boy Scout, is on a rock-hunting expedition when the fireball screeches overhead and slams into the ground just beyond the horizon. Simon hikes with the rest of Troop 32 to the crash site the next morning, and together they make a shocking discovery. What happens next, though, vanishes from Simon's memory. Only a pair of grainy black and white photographs-taken by Simon at the crash site-preserves the truth about a vast government cover-up that will claim the lives of many. The two photos, filed away as part of Project Genesis, survive decades of intrigue, all the while finding their way into the hands of Attorney General Bobby Kennedy, Marilyn Monroe, and Marilyn's sey, Bible-toting next-door neighbor, among others. In the summer of 2011, Simon Cole, w a U.S. senator nearing retirement, has been researching 1947, what he calls the lost year, in the hopes of finally discovering what happened. He receives help from a ragtag group of survivors, including Roger Smith, a mortician who was prounced mad in 1947 for telling the truth and was locked away in an asylum; Number Four, a former government operative, w in his last days, hoping to absolve his guilty conscience; Carol Sw, an abductee who discovers a secret facility near Groom Lake, Nevada, and the time-manipulating Hub that powers it; and Andrew Jackson, a Vietnam vet willing to put his life on the line for humanity. After Senator Cole's own secretary returns the photos to him, she helps close the loop. She also teaches him something about his quest. The past belongs squarely in the past. The future is what matters.
- Author BiographyDuke Woodrick was born in Santa Monica, California, in 1945. He grew up in Venice and now lives in Henderson, Nevada, with his wife, Marjorie. In the Beginning: Project Genesis is his first published novel.
- Author(s)Duke Woodrick
- PublisherNew Friends Publishing
- Date of Publication29/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Friends Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.