In the Blink of an Eye: An Inspiring and True Story of Enduring Love by Hasso von Bredow, Catherine von Bredow (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe heartbreaking true story of a love that transcended tragedy. On 1 May 2000 Hasso von Bredow's life was forever changed. The young and active father of three suffered a massive stroke at the base of his brainstem, leaving him totally paralysed and unable to speak. With his mind as cognitive and as active as it had always been, his body became his painful prison. IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE is Hasso's moving and life-affirming memoir. At 42 Hasso had to come to terms with a life 'locked in', being dependent on others for every breath, but worst of all, losing his most precious of possessions: his voice. The only way Hasso could communicate with the world was by blinking his eyes. And using coded blinking and state of the art techlogy, he wrote this incredibly moving memoir letter by letter, helped only by his wife and carer, Catherine.
- Author BiographyHasso von Bredow was a successful businessman and father of three. At the age of 42 he suffered a massive stroke at the base of his brainstem, leaving him the victim of 'Locked In' Syndrome. Totally paralysed but complete cognisant, Hasso used coded blinking and state of the art technology to painstakingly write this incredibly moving memoir letter by letter, helped only by his wife and carer, Catherine von Bredow. Tragically, Hasso died of pneumonia in 2003. He is survived by his three children and Catherine, who continue to live in the family home in Kent.
- Author(s)Catherine von Bredow,Hasso von Bredow
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication05/08/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.