All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith their stomachs churning on the jewels they have swallowed, the courtesan Fiammetta and her companion dwarf Buci escape the sack of Rome. It's 1527. They head for the shimmering, decadent city of Venice. Sarah Dunant's epic vel of sixteenth-century Renaissance Italy is a story about the sins of pleasure and the pleasures of sin, an intoxicating mix of fact and fiction, and a dazzling portait of one of the worlds greatest cities at its most potent moment in history.
- Author BiographySarah Dunant has written eight novels, edited two books of essays and worked widely in television, radio and in print. Her most recent novel, the bestselling The Birth of Venus, has been the subject of major acclaim both here and in the United States. She lives in London and Florence.
- Author(s)Sarah Dunant
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication03/01/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Weight270 g
- Width201 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.86Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.52
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.