All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJust back from the Amazon, the boys head out on a school bus trip to California. When the bus stops in the middle of the night at a deserted cafe, the boys become tangled up in a host of untold secrets buried beneath the sand-swept terrain. Is the reclusive old man, Mr. Natonto, at the center of it all? And what s he up to in Lizard Flats? Or is it the legend of the Negro Arena Diablo come back to haunt the inhabitants of Gila Bend? A harrowing escape from the sun-baked desert leaves the boys thinking they can put the whole bizarre tale behinduntil the local highway patrolman, Officer Hernandez, tells them Mr. Natonto died six months ago! What could it possibly mean?
- Author BiographyWhen Art Collins retired as a highly successful chairman and CEO of a Fortune 500 company, he didn t write the book on leadership that many expected. Instead, he decided that penning children s stories would be far more interesting. Borrowing two characters, Archibald and Jockabeb, from tales told by his father many years before, and drawing up his own rich imagination, Art introduces the two young brothers to an incredible cast of characters some human, some otherworldly in locations that range from the mysterious forest behind the boys house to the lush and exotic Amazon. Collins honed his stories by running them past his target audience; fourth-graders taught by his brother Geoffrey Collins, who allowed his classes to be used as a focus group over several years. Art currently divides his time between Chicago and the Vail Valley in Colorado.
- Author(s)Art Collins
- PublisherA&J Publishing
- Date of Publication14/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleAdventures of Archibald and Jockabeb
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintA&J Publishing
- Weight181 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.