All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe European Space Agency has a long history of human spaceflight, flying in space with both NASA and the Soviet/Russian space agencies over the years. This book tells the story of the ESA astronauts who have visited the International Space Station over its first decade and how they have lived on board, helped construct the space laboratory and performed valuable scientific experiments. ESA has contributed the Columbus science laboratory as well as the Copula, the Leonardo PMM and the ATV supply ship to the station's infrastructure but it is the human endeavor that captures the imagination. From brief visits to six month expeditions, from spacewalking to commanding the Earth's only outpost in space, ESA astronauts have played a vital role in the international project. Extensive use of color photographs from NASA and ESA depicting the experiments carried out, the phases of the ISS construction and the personal stories of the astronauts in space highlights the crucial European work on human spaceflight.
- Author BiographyJohn O'Sullivan BE, Dip Phys Sci, Dip PM, CEng MIEI, PMP, FSP, CMSE(R) studied Electrical Engineering at University College Cork. He has over 20 years' experience in the automation and control sector delivering solutions to the life-science industry in Ireland. He is a Chartered Engineer with Engineers Ireland, a Project Management Professional with the Project Management Institute and a certified Functional Safety Professional. He has always had a fascination with aviation and space, leading him to gain his PPL in 2003 and to study Astronomy and Planetary Science with the Open University. Since 2010 he has been awarded a Certificate in Astronomy and Planetary Science and a Diploma in Physical Science by the OU, as well as a Diploma in Project Management from the Cork Institute of Technology. He lives in East Cork with his wife and daughter.
- Author(s)John O'Sullivan
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication03/06/2016
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleSpringer-Praxis Books
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note134 colour illustrations, 60 colour tables, biography
- Weight830 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.