All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat happens when you take a group of small-time sailboat smugglers and give them access to a ton of ganja and a stable of super-sexy ladies? Step inside Sir Peter Anderson's vel In the Key of West (A Smuggler's Tale) to find out. This book carries readers on a highly addictive mind-altering adventure as the stalwart cast of smugglers smokes their way through Jamaica, Key West, the Cayman Islands, Miami, and Philadelphia. The group starts out with small-time dealings, bringing Jamaican ganja to Key West for fun and profit, but it quickly, and somewhat unintentionally, goes from being a small venture to becoming a seriously large and incredibly wealthy operation capable of outsmarting the most powerful law enforcement agencies in the world. As the group transforms, they meet other fantastic characters along the way, including an ex-DEA agent, a crazy horny Coast Guard admiral, a slew of sexy women, and spliff-rolling Rastafarians. When these characters collide, what results is a riot. The fun, laughter, and intrigue never stop until the very last page. Replete with criminal activity, high-seas adventure, metric tons of high-quality drugs, and brilliant, outstanding, spine-arching, eyeball-rolling sex, this is one hell of a book that simply cant be put down. It's a fast-paced and easy read, and it's a lot of fun, albeit enticingly raw, gritty, and hardcore at times. Readers will be hooked on this tome and reeled into Anderson's fictional world, where they'll want to live vicariously through the characters as long as they can and t leave until the story is done. A pleasant departure from the more serious and speculative fiction dominating the market these days, In the Key of West takes a lighthearted, tongue-in-cheek look at the gallant Men in Green and the women who adore, worship, and bed them as they carry out their mission to supply America with the finest ganja available. With In the Key of West, Anderson delivers a work that is approachable t only because it's entertaining and amusing but also because it's so blunt and real. The scenarios are t that farfetched, and the way Anderson writes them is direct and down-to-earth, penning remarkably fluid text that makes the reader forget he is reading a book and, instead, believe he's sitting down to share intimate secrets and war stories with a close friend. In the Key of West pushes the envelope, taking tropical crime fiction to new dimensions. Without fear or restraint, it paints both sides of a very intricate picture, depicting the finer details of both the dark and light sides of drug trafficking, high-end partying, and other dangerous lifestyles. It explores the many complications that can arise from such endeavors alongside the naked nubile bodies, intense sexual explosions, stacks of money, and salty seawater that seemingly make the risks worth taking. Behind this must-read for leisure enthusiasts, Anderson is a self-proclaimed roguish, vagabond, dude-like adventurer and Secretary General of the Conch Republic. He suggests that when finished, you smoke this book.
- Author BiographyABOUT THE AUTHOR The Honorable Sir Peter Anderson was born on 12 January, 1947 in Garfield Hospital in Washington, DC. Subsequent to his birth the hospital burned down. The two events are probably unrelated. He has the great honor of serving the Conch Republic as her Secretary General and is internationally known as such. He has been known to where a button stating As Seen on TV. He is a good dresser, articulate, funny, smart, and a team player (when they let him be on one. As W. C. Fields said, Any club which will have me, shouldn't exist. ). He is also punctual, a good drinker, sexy (in that well-aged, overweight, balding, but handsome and wise sort of way), and is a Sailor (Master Mariner - U.S.C.G. and U.S. Merchant Marine, ret.).
- Author(s)Professor of Substance Use Policy and Practice Institute of Health and Society Newcastle University UK Peter Anderson
- Date of Publication02/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight776 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.