All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first-ever scholarly publication devoted to the art of Francesco de Mura (16961782), one of the greatest painters of the Golden Age of Naples.De Mura's refined and elegant compositions, with their exquisite light and coloring, heralded the rococo, and his later style was a precursor of Neo-Classicism. His ceiling frescoes at Monte Cassi, destoyed in World War II, rivalled those of his celebrated Venetian contemporary, Giambattista Tiepolo (16961770). Yet today, he lacks his proper place in the history of art. This volume demonstrates why it is w time to reevaluate this once-celebrated artist.
- Author BiographyArthur Blumenthal is Director Emeritus of the Cornell, Nicola Spinosa is the Former Superintendent of the National Museums in Naples and a foremost expert on the art of De Mura.
- Author(s)Dr Arthur R Blumenthal
- PublisherD Giles Ltd
- Date of Publication05/09/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintD Giles Ltd
- Weight1474 g
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.