All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn orphaned boy brought up to serve the state as a man. A rich young woman incapable of living by the conventions of society. Neither is prepared for the journey into the heat, mystery, violence and disorienting perpetual daylight of the far North.Stockholm 1856.Magnus is a geologist. When the Minister sends him to survey the distant but strategically vital Lapland region around Blackasen Mountain, it is a perfect cover for ather mission: Magnus must investigate why one of the madic Sami people, native to the region, has apparently slaughtered in cold blood a priest, a law officer and a settler in their rectory.Is there some bigger threat afoot? Blackasen seems to be a place of many secrets.But the Minister has more than a professional tie to Magnus, and at the last moment, he adds ather responsibility. Disgusted by the wayward behaviour of his daughter Lovisa - Magnus's sister-in law - the Minister demands that Magnus take her with him on his arduous journey.Thus the two unlikely companions must venture out of the sophisticated city, up the coast and across country, to the rough-hewn religion and politics of the settler communities, the mystical, pre-Christian ways of the people who have always lived on this land, and the strange, compelling light of the midnight sun. For Lovisa and Magnus, thing can ever be the same again.
- Author BiographyCecilia Ekback was born in the north of Sweden; her parents come from Lapland. During her teens, she worked as a journalist and after university specialised in marketing. Over twenty years her work for a multinational took her to Russia, Germany, France, Portugal, the Middle East and the UK. In 2010, she finished a Masters in Creative Writing at Royal Holloway. She now lives in Calgary with her husband and twin daughters, 'returning home' to the landscape and the characters of her childhood in her writing. Her first novel, Wolf Winter, was published to great acclaim. You can find out more about Cecilia via her website www.ceciliaekback.com and you can follow her @CeciliaEkback on Twitter.
- Author(s)Cecilia Ekback
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Weight390 g
- Width137 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.