All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRock musician Jed Jordan's former fame means the events in his life have become public property. Years after 'Captain of the Rules' made him world famous in New Zealand, Jed is living quietly in an Auckland suburb with his family, growing peppers and recording in his home studio, when some disturbing new attention threatens to tear his world apart. Also profoundly affected are three women whose lives are closely caught up in Jed's - his wife; a childhood friend who has returned from Australia for her father's funeral; and the fifteen-year-old Jed chats to in the local dog park. Vivid and engaging, In the Neighbourhood of Fame shines a light on modern relationship struggles within and between families, and on the unpredictable power of celebrity and social media.
- Author BiographyIn the Neighbourhood of Fame is Bridget van der Zijpp's second novel. Her first, Misconduct, was shortlisted for the 2009 Commonwealth Writers' Best First Book Prize, South East Asia and the Pacific region, and for the 2009 Montana New Zealand Book Awards Best First Book of Fiction.
- Author(s)Bridget Van der Zijpp
- PublisherVictoria University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintVictoria University Press
- Weight345 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.69Trending at AU $24.60
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $16.49Trending at AU $17.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.