All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSendak's hero Mickey falls through the dark into the Night Kitchen where three fat bakers are making the morning cake. So begins an intoxicating dream fantasy, described by the artist himself as 'a fantasy ten feet deep in reality'.
- Author BiographyMaurice Sendak was born in Brooklyn, New York. He began by illustrating other authors' books for children, but the first book that he both wrote and illustrated was Kenny's Window, published in 1956. In his lifetime, he illustrated over 80 books, and received many awards, including the 1964 Caldecott Medal for Where the Wild Things Are. In 1970 he was the first American to win the Hans Christian Andersen Illustrator's Medal. He passed away in May 2012.
- Author(s)Maurice Sendak
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication05/07/2001
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRed Fox
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width218 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Maurice Sendak
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.