All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from In the Northern Mists: A Grand Fleet Chaplain's Note Book If at the time when I was first ordained and about to enter upon a quiet curacy some prophetic instinct had told me that after a considerable number of years I should find myself in my present position I should probably have quoted a few words concerning lying prophets: but then, as someone remarks, you never can tell! I am in the North Sea ; in a battleship in the North Sea; in an office in the battleship; in a mail-bag in the office. That is to say, the lower half of me is in a mail-bag, which, being made of stout canvas and drawn up close around the waist, forms a very comforting protection against the cold. As to what I am doing in the office, the strictness of the censorship forbids me to say; but it is a certain job for which I have volunteered, as everyone must do his bit in these days. Certainly, the work does t come under the heading of pastoral duties, and according to the terms of the Hague Convention I am probably rendering myself liable to be shot by our friends the enemy if they catch me. Well, they are quite welcome to do it - if they can! About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Montague Thomas Hainsselin
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.