All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA timely and original book that explores the fundamental nature of human addiction and the current epidemic of different types of addictions with society. Starting with a dramatically close view of Mate's drug addicted patients, he skilfully weaves in stories of real people while providing a bold synthesis of clinical experience, insight and up-to-date findings. This became a bestselling book upon publication in Canada and comes highly recommended by casual readers, experts and reviewers alike.
- Author BiographyGABOR MATE, MD, is the author of the bestselling books Scattered Minds and When the Body Says No--published in nearly twenty languages on five continents--and co-author, with Gordon Neufeld, of Hold On To Your Kids. Former medical columnist for the Globe and Mail where his byline continues to be seen on issues of health and parenting, Dr. Mate has had a family practice, worked as a palliative care physician and, most recently, with the addicted men and women in the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver.
- Author(s)Gabor Mate
- PublisherRandom House Canada
- Date of Publication10/01/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationMississauga
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRandom House Canada
- Weight450 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.