All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionIn this breakthrough guide to understanding, treating, and healing Attention Deficit Disorder, Dr. Gabor Mate, an adult with ADD and the father of three ADD children, shared the latest information on: . The external factors that trigger ADD . How to create an environment that promotes health and healing . Ritalin and other drugs . ADD adults and much more Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) has quickly become a controversial topic in recent years. Whereas other books on the subject describe the condition as inherited, Dr. Mate believes that our social and emotional environments play a key role in both the cause of and cure for this condition. In Scattered, he describes the painful realities of ADD and its effect on children as well as on career and social paths in adults. While ackwledging that genetics may indeed play a part in predisposing a person toward ADD, Dr. Mate moves beyond that to focus on the things we can control: changes in environment, family dynamics, and parenting choices. He draws heavily on his own experience with the disorder, as both an ADD sufferer and the parent of three diagsed children. Providing a thorough overview of ADD and its treatments, Scattered is essential and life-changing reading for the millions of ADD sufferers in North America today.
- Author BiographyGabor Mate, M.D., is a physician with a family practice in Vancouver, where he lives. He has written a widely-read medical column for The Globe and Mail and currently writes on medical issues for The Vancouver Sun.
- Author(s)Gabor Mate
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew American Library
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.