Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.30
About this product
- DescriptionYou meet everyone in the rooms...English literary agent Patrick Miller came to New York dreaming of joining the big league, only to find himself selling celebrity dog books. But when he spots the legendary velist Douglas Kelsey on the street and follows him into an AA meeting, a world of opportunity beckons. Patrick enters a den of sex addicts, junkies and pill-poppers, all rubbing shoulders with the reclusive Kelsey. Who knew that sobriety offered such networking possibilities? Or that the women would be so attractive? There's only one small problem. Patrick doesn't have a problem - t with alcohol, r with drugs, just with that little thing they call the truth. As everyone is beginning to find out...Part Nick Hornby, part Jay McInerney, with a dash of vermouth, In the Rooms is a warm, sharply observed comedy about sex, lies and second chances.
- Author BiographyTom Shone was both deputy literary editor and film critic of the Sunday Times, before becoming a writer at Talk magazine. He is the author of Blockbuster: How Hollywood Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Summer (Simon & Schuster). In the Rooms is his first novel. He lives in New York.
- Author(s)Tom Shone
- Date of Publication03/06/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWindmill Books
- Weight241 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.