All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA New York Times best-selling author and a Caldecott Hor-winning illustrator explore life in the ocean with clever poems and bold, expressive woodcuts. The briny deep is home to an ermous variety of fascinating creatures, from the dainty sea horse to the fearsome shark, from the spiny sea urchin to the majestic blue whale. In striking woodcut illustrations, diverse creatures glide through blue and green waters, while succinct, witty poetry examines their behavior and interactions. In this companion volume to On the Farm and In the Wild, David Elliott and Holly Meade explore the depths of the ocean in a collection of poems sure to thrill budding oceagraphers and landlubbers alike.
- Author BiographyDavid Elliott is the author of many books for young readers, including On the Farm and In the Wild, the companion books to In the Sea. He is also the author of the New York Times best-selling picture book And Here's To You!, illustrated by Randy Cecil. David Elliott lives in New Hampshire. Holly Meade (1956-2013) wrote and illustrated IF I NEVER FOREVER ENDEAVOR. She earned a Caldecott Honor for her illustrations in HUSH! A THAI LULLABY by Minfong Ho. She also illustrated AND THEN COMES HALLOWEEN by Tom Brenner; ON THE FARM, IN THE WILD, and IN THE SEA by David Elliott; and many others. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Professor of Music and Music Education David Elliott
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width241 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Holly Meade
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book,Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.