All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
About this product
- DescriptionDid you kw that many of America's Founding Fathers--who fought for liberty and justice for all--were slave owners? Through the powerful stories of five enslaved people who were owned by four of our greatest presidents, this book helps set the record straight about the role slavery played in the founding of America. From Billy Lee, valet to George Washington, to Alfred Jackson, faithful servant of Andrew Jackson, these dramatic narratives explore our country's great tragedy--that a nation conceived in liberty was also born in shackles.These stories help us kw the real people who were essential to the birth of this nation but traditionally have been left out of the history books. Their stories are true--and they should be heard.This thoroughly-researched and documented book can be worked into multiple aspects of the common core curriculum.
- Author BiographyKenneth C. Davis is the New York Times bestselling author of America s Hidden History and Don t Know Much About(r) History, which gave rise to the Don t Know Much About(r) series of books for adults and children. A frequent guest on national television and radio and a Ted-Ed Educator, Davis enjoys Skype visits with middle- and high-school classrooms to discuss history. He lives in New York City and can be found at dontknowmuch.com.
- Author(s)Kenneth C Davis
- PublisherHenry Holt & Company
- Date of Publication20/09/2016
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHenry Holt & Company
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.