All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs civil wars and insurgencies rage around the globe, Klaus Schlichte's In the Shadow of Violence addresses a crucial question: why do some groups succeed in violently seizing and holding power while others fail? What makes for a successful n-state armed force? Arguing that success rests on the ability of these groups to transform the power of violence into legitimate domination, both inside their ranks and in the larger society, Schlichte explores the techniques and strategies they employ - and the long shadow of violence they must overcome along the way.
- Author BiographyKlaus Schlichte is professor of international relations at the University of Magdeburg, Germany.
- Author(s)Klaus Schlichte
- PublisherCampus Verlag
- Date of Publication18/09/2009
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleMicropolitics of Violence
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintCampus Verlag
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.