All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince 1996, Ward + Blake has gained recognition for architecture that is sensitive to its environment and successfully integrated with its surroundings. Ward + Blake creates buildings that are tactile, modern, bio-climatically responsible, honestly expressed, techlogically sound, and artfully crafted. Ward + Blake believes that a beautifully designed structure is an active, ongoing exploration of history and personality. Its architecture belies the passion, intelligence and care of its conception and execution. At once comfortable living places and dramatic structures, the firm's designs elevate custom building in the Western region to an extraordinary standard. The designs carry memory forward, which means a Ward + Blake structure studiously rediscovers the history of its architectural and cultural surroundings, while remaining attentive to its site. Sidestepping the ordinary and shopworn, Ward + Blake strives to engage an owner's unique taste while respecting the land and harmonizing with nature and context. The firm believes that architecture should respond to its particular place and be a natural partner with the environment. Its designs evolve from an appreciation for modern solutions with practical tectonics that directly relate to site and climate while respecting context. By working within the context of individual environments and applying sustainable strategies, Ward + Blake designs architecture that conserves energy and natural resources while enhancing the quality of life for its occupants. Nature is invited within each structure while building occupants are drawn to the great outdoors to create a distinct, yet symbiotic, connection for living harmoniously with nature's beauty.
- Author BiographyThomas E. Ward, AIA, is the recipient of numerous regional and national architecture awards. He developed and patented EarthWall, a post tensioned seismically stable rammed earth system. Tom received his Bachelor of Architecture degree from Arizona State University in 1981. Mitchell T. Blake, AIA, is the recipient of numerous regional, national, and international awards. In 2012, his projects received 1st & 3rd place for Conceptual Design and Honorable Mention overall in the International Design Awards competition. Marlon Blackwell, FAIA, practices architecture in Fayetteville, Arkansas, and serves as Distinguished Professor and Department Head in the School of Architecture at the University of Arkansas. David J. Buege is a professor and Fay Jones Chair in Architecture at the University of Arkansas. He received a B.S. degree in Environmental Design from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and received his Master of Architecture degree from Princeton University. Paul Warchol is a New York based photographer of architecture and design. He studied art with a major in photography at The Cooper Union School of Art and has been photographing architecture since 1978. Roger Wade has been producing striking architectural and interior design photography for over 20 years. He travels extensively photographing residential and commercial projects coast to coast. Douglas Kahn practiced architecture in New York City until 1980. He now lives in Colorado and does architectural and fine-art photography throughout the U.S.
- Author(s)Ward And Blake Architects
- PublisherOro Editions
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOro Editions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight1896 g
- Width311 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.