Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $106.17+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe sport of hunting - its celebration of the wild, the natural, the out-of-doors - has given rise to its own body of art. Extraordinary artistic skills wedded with decades of experience as a naturalist and hunter have secured for Herb Booth a place among the contemporary masters of sporting art. This beautiful volume of his work presents forty-nine color plates and ninety-nine black-and-white reproductions of limited edition prints, etchings, and lithographs. Booth's superb technique and his portrayal of an American tradition in the process of change are revealed in a variety of classic hunting and fishing scenes: upland and water-fowl shooting, deer hunting in the Texas Hill Country, casting for redfish and speckled trout in the Gulf of Mexico. Herb Booth has been named the 1993 Texas Ducks Unlimited Artist of the Year and the 1993 Sponsor Artist for the National Wild Turkey Federation, as well. It is fitting, for Booth demonstrates in his work dedication to both hunting and the intelligent use of wildlife and natural resources. The habitats of different game species are meticulously rendered, as are the animals themselves and their interaction with their environment. As author Michael McIntosh tes: It is a peculiar fact of sporting art that it cant be successfully faked. A sporting scene, if it aspires to any degree of acceptance, must t only reflect genuine experience on the artist's part but must also evoke the memory and feeling of similar experience in the viewer. The most experienced hunter or naturalist will instantly recognize in Booth's art the sense of authenticity and depth of personal experience he brings to it. Each large color plate in this oversize volumeincludes an extended caption describing the specific scene. McIntosh, himself an experienced hunter and expert on sporting art, details Booth's development as an artist and sportsman in a lively and engaging text. The foreword is contributed by Meredith Long, longtime collector and dea
- Author BiographyThe artist: Herb Booth has been a wildlife and sporting artist since 1967. His work is represented in major public and private collections, and his stamp and limited edition print commissions have helped raise thousands of dollars on behalf of wildlife through Ducks Unlimited, the Gulf Coast Conservation Association, the National Wild Turkey Federation, and other groups devoted to habitat conservation.The author: Dr. Michael McIntosh has written several books and many articles on sporting art and artists, and is a contributing editor for Wildlife Art News magazine.
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2006
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Weight1501 g
- Width290 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.