In the Wake of the Crisis: Leading Economists Reassess Economic Policy by MIT Press Ltd (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.34Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2011, the International Monetary Fund invited prominent ecomists and ecomic policymakers to consider the brave new world of the post-crisis global ecomy. The result is a book that captures the state of macroecomic thinking at a transformational moment. The crisis and the weak recovery that has followed raise fundamental questions concerning macroecomics and ecomic policy. These top ecomists discuss future directions for monetary policy, fiscal policy, financial regulation, capital-account management, growth strategies, the international monetary system, and the ecomic models that should underpin thinking about critical policy choices. ContributorsOlivier Blanchard, Ricardo Caballero, Charles Collyns, Arminio Fraga, Mar Gudmundsson, Sri Mulyani Indrawati, Otmar Issing, Olivier Jeanne, Rakesh Mohan, Maurice Obstfeld, Jose Antonio Ocampo, Guillermo Ortiz, Y. V. Reddy, Dani Rodrik, David Romer, Paul Romer, Andrew Sheng, Hyun Song Shin, Parthasarathi Shome, Robert Solow, Michael Spence, Joseph Stiglitz, Adair Turner
- Author BiographyOlivier Blanchard is Economic Counselor and Director of the Research Department at the International Monetary Fund. He is the author of Macroeconomics, among other books, and coauthor of Lectures on Macroeconomics (MIT Press). David Romer is Herman Royer Professor of Political Economy at the University of California, Berkeley, and author of Advanced Macroeconomics. Michael Spence, co-recipient of the 2001 Nobel Prize in Economics, is Professor Emeritus of Management at Stanford University's Graduate School of Business and Professor of Economics at New York University's Stern School of Business. He served as Chairman of the Commission on Growth and Development from 2006 to 2010 (the life of the commission). He is the author of The Next Convergence: The Future of Economic Growth in a Multispeed World. Joseph Stiglitz, co-recipient of the 2001 Nobel Prize in Economics, is University Professor at Columbia University. He served as Chairman of the U.S. Council of Economic Advisers in the Clinton administration, and from 1997 to 2000 as World Bank Chief Economist and Senior Vice President in Development Economics. He is the author of Freefall: Free Markets and the Sinking of the World Economy, Globalization and Its Discontents, and other books.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note1 b&w illus, 35 figures, 4 tables
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDavid H. Romer,Joseph E. Stiglitz,Michael Spence,Olivier Blanchard
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.