All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe initial purposes of this 1983 text were to develop mathematical topics relevant to the study of the incidence and symmetry structures of geometrical objects and to expand the reader's geometric intuition. The two fundamental mathematical topics employed in this endeavor are graph theory and the theory of transformation groups. Part I, Incidence, starts with two sections on the basics of graph theory and continues with a variety of specific applications of graph theory. Following this, the text becomes more theoretical; here graph theory is used to study surfaces other than the plane and the sphere. Part II, Symmetry, starts with a section on rigid motions or symmetries of the plane, which is followed by ather on the classification of planar patterns. Additionally, an overview of symmetry in three-dimensional space is provided, along with a reconciliation of graph theory and group theory in a study of enumeration problems in geometry.
- Author(s)Jack E. Graver,Jenny A. Baglivo
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/1983
- Series TitleCambridge Urban and Architectural Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 7
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note309d.44tabs.
- Weight510 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.