All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an in-depth study of how community development can contribute to tackling social exclusion. Drawing on the outcomes of a project funded by the Social Inclusion Programme of the European Union and managed by a European network of community development organisations - the Combined European Bureau for Social Development - Including the excluded analyses the experiences of local communities; identifies and explains the key principles that need to underpin programmes and projects that use a community-based approach to tackling social exclusion and provides a summary of key action points that need to be considered by organisations and agencies. Examples from policy and practice in the UK, Spain, Belgium, Sweden and Norway are discussed, with additional information from Denmark, Ireland and Hungary. The principles and methods discussed give a valuable insight into how the voices of local people and practitioners can be heard in policy and decision making forums.
- Author BiographyPaul Henderson is a community development consultant and a Visiting Professor at De Montfort University, Leicester, UK. Previously, he was Director of Practice Development at the Community Development Foundation. He has has researched and written on a wide range of community development topics relating to both the UK and the rest of Europe.
- Author(s)Paul Henderson
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2005
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.